Student Legal Services
Student Legal Services (SLS) continues a 30+ year tradition of providing the Emory community with free legal advice.
SLS researches and answers your legal questions, explains the law, analyzes your legal options and tries to refer you to appropriate legal aid organizations or private attorneys when necessary.
What to Expect from SLS
- When you visit the SLS office, or call us, a caseworker will discuss your legal concerns. Caseworkers are law student volunteers who record all relevant information about your problem.
- Your caseworker will meet with SLS's attorney to discuss your legal issues.
- Your caseworker will schedule a meeting for you with SLS's attorney for the upcoming Thursday evening. There, the attorney will discuss with you the law and your legal options.
- SLS provides legal advice but cannot represent clients. Only Emory students, staff and faculty are eligible, and you must bring your EmoryCard with you. SLS is unable to assist with conflicts between members of the Emory community.
- SLS protects your privacy. Communications with SLS are protected by attorney-client privilege.
SLS recently moved to the North Decatur Building, across the Lowergate parking deck. The North Decatur Building is at 1784 North Decatur Rd; SLS is in Suite 108.
Parking is available in the Lowergate South parking deck (for a fee), and for free after 4 p.m. in the Lowergate Parking Deck. Click here for additional parking information.