Here is a list of links that you might find useful to undertand HLS better:
- Hispanic National Bar Association - The HNBA is an incorporated, non-profit, national association representing the interest of over 33,000 U.S. Hispanic attorneys, judges, law professors, legal professionals, legal assistants or paralegals, and law students in the United States. Membership is free for all students.
- Minority Corporate Council Association - The Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) was founded in 1997 to advocate for the expanded hiring, retention, and promotion of minority attorneys in corporate law departments and the law firms that serve them. MCCA accomplishes its mission through the collection and dissemination of information about diversity in the legal profession.
- Georgia Hispanic Bar Association - Membership is open to all Hispanics in the state of Georgia.
For scholarships available to all Hispanic law students, regardless of class year, please visit the following webpages:
- Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund (PRLDEF) - $1,500-$2,000 for one year of law school. Must reapply every year. Available to all law students. Application period closes on March 31.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund - $1,000-$3,000 for one year of law school. Must reapply every year. Available to all law students. Application period closes on October 15.
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF) - $7,000 for one year of law school. Must reapply every year. Available to all law students. Application closes on October 1.
For scholarships available only to rising 1L Hispanic law students, please visit the following websites:
- MCCA Lloyd M. Johnson Minority Scholarship - $10,000 for each year of law school. Application period closes on June 1. Available only to incoming 1L students.
- ABA Legal Opportunity Fund - $5,000 for each year of law school. Application period closes on March 1. Available only for incoming 1L students.
- Arent Fox Diversity Scholarship - $15,000 for one year of law school. Available only to 1L students. Application period closes on January 15.
For scholarships available to rising 2L year law students, please visit the following pages. Please be advised that many of these scholarships require you to work with the firm during your 2L summer. However, many of these scholarships are a great way to get an interview and an offer with these firms:
- King and Spalding Diversity Fellowship
- Thompson Hine
- Constangy Brooks & Smith - $2,000 for one year of law school. Application period closes November 1. Law firm does not require summer employment.
- Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy
- Goodwin Procter
- Dickstein Shapiro
- Kirkland & Ellis
- Finnegan Henderson
- Latham & Watkins
- Ruden McCloskey
- Fraser Stryker
For scholarships available to only rising 3L Hispanic law students, please visit the following websites:
- MCCA Lexis Nexis Client Review Scholarship - $15,000 for one year of law school. Application period closes October 1. Available only to 3L students.
- National Latino Law Student Association - Sign up for their mentor volunteer form. This will help Emory gain exposure in the Hispanic pre-law community.
- Color of Justice Program - Saturday November 3, 2007 in Savannah. They're looking for law students who are willing to serve as panelist for the program. The Committee will be covering the cost of hotel rooms (Doubletree), mileage and meals. Contact Ned Cannon at firstname.lastname@example.org