Emory Public Interest Committee (EPIC)
Constitution and Bylaws
Click below for a pdf version of:
History and Advising
EPIC was formed in 1989 by students committed to making public interest jobs accessible to Emory students. EPIC has successfully undertaken a major fundraising effort that has provided summer grants for students who accept volunteer positions or clerkships in public interest organizations.
EPIC has the benefit of Emory Law alumni who are dedicated to public service and serve on EPICís Advisory Board. These attorneys work in legal aid, nonprofits, the public defenderís office, and law firms throughout Atlanta.
EPIC Advisory Board
- The Honorable Dorothy Toth Beasley 08L
- Daniel A. Bloom 94L, Pachman Richardson LLC
- Mary Carole Cooney 75L, Attorney at Law
- Harold T. Daniel 69L, Holland & Knight LLP
- Deborah S. Ebel 75L, Ebel Family Law
- Paul J. Murphy 86L, King & Spalding LLP
- Mary Margaret Oliver 72L, Attorney at Law
- Patrise M. Perkins-Hooker 84L 84B, Atlanta BeltLine, Inc.
- Claudia S. Saari 87L, DeKalb County Public Defender
- Haley Schwartz 05L, Abrams, Davis, Mason & Long LLC
- Margaret W. Scott 03L, Alton + Bird LLP
- Debbie Segal 79L, Kilpatrick townsend & Stockton LLP
- Joann M. Yoon 02L, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- David A. Zimmerman 99L, Sutherland