How to Run for a Position
- Follow the directions below
- Email your candidate statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, March 13 at 12pm
- These will be emailed to the general body on Monday, March 14, 2011
- Speak/meet with the person currently in the position for which you wish to run, preferably before Spring break, but before elections at the latest
- Be prepared to answer questions from the general body on election day
- If elected, you will be required to attend a transition meeting and possibly an initial board meeting before May 9, 2011
How To Run for President or Vice President
- Write a candidate statement of no more than 400 words, which can include your vision, qualifications, past experience, etc.
- Be prepared to give a speech, limited to 5 minutes, on election day.
How To Run for a Cabinet or Executive Committee Position
- Write a candidate statement of no more than 300 words, which can include your vision, qualifications, past experience, etc.
- Optional: Be prepared to give a speech limited to 3 minutes on election day
How to Run for Multiple Positions
- Submit a separate candidate statement for each position as directed above
- Send an additional email (or in the same email as your statements) ranking the positions for which you are running
- this will not count towards the word limit
- this will not affect your election, but it may affect the order of elections
- Speak/meet with the people currently in all of the positions for which you are running, preferably before Spring break, but before elections at the latest
- Election process
- If you have already been elected for your first position, you will not be permitted to run for the second position
- If you have not been elected, you will be permitted to speak again, but please do not repeat anything you said in your first speech
- If you are not elected to all of the positions for which you ran, you will be given the first opportunity for positions which have no candidates and appointed positions