Time and Talent
Thank you for your interest in supporting BLSA.
Professional development is one of BLSA's biggest priorities. We are always in need of practitioners who can share advice, expose us to new practice areas, and provide guidance. There are a number of ways to participate, including
- Serving on a panel about professional development or your practice area
- Hosting a meet and greet at your office
- Hosting a skills workshop or mock interview program
- Reviewing resumes, cover letters, and writing samples
- Hosting a Dinner & Discussion session
- Serving as a mentor to a student with similar interests or background
- Coaching the NBLSA mock trial or moot court team
- Anything else you can think of!
If you are interested in aiding our professional development, please contact Donnalee Donaldson, our Professional Development Chair.
Pro Bono Work
BLSA would like to become more involved in pro bono legal services in the Atlanta community. If you would like to supervise a project or connect us with a project in which you are already involved, please contact Shawn McCullers, our Community Service Chair.
Help Plan BLSA Events
BLSA hosts a large number of events each year and planning all of those is no easy task! Contact a committee chair to assist in planning events for the year.
If you are interested in becoming more involved as an alum, please contact Cassandra Blackburn, our BLSA advisor, at 404-727-4773 or crblack(at)emory.edu. Alumni participation is welcome, even if you were not a member of BLSA when you were at Emory!