2010-2011 Upcoming Events
Final General Meeting
- Time: Monday, April 4th 2011, 12:15 pm
- Location: 1B
- Agenda:We'll have lunch and a small end of year celebration. As a reminder, we will be electing 6 positions:
- Executive VP
- VP of External Affairs
- VP of Social Affairs
- VP of Academic Affairs
- VP of Campus Affairs
March General Meeting
- Time: Friday, March 18th 2011, 3:45pm
- Location: 1E
- Food: snacks and beverages will be provided
- Clerkships - Professor Schapiro will give brief information about clerkship opportunities
- Journal Write On - Sara will share 10 tips on how to write a good case note and "study" for the BlueBook Quiz. Does it matter what my GPA is? What makes a good case note? What common mistakes do people make that keep them off journal? This meeting is NOT about the technicalities of the competition, eg date, submission procedure, etc. Q and A to follow.
- Moot Court Auditions - Matt Tsun will share the top five tips to get on moot court. Again, this discussion is not about the technicalities, but about the substance: what are judges looking for? What makes an outstanding oralist? How can I prepare? (Read between the lines = the good info!). Q and A to follow.
- AALSA Elections - pre-election information
- Note: We're going to try to keep the meeting under 75 minutes, because the March social event follows immediately after -- Honey Pig around 5ish. There will be carpools from the law school to Honey Pig in Duluth, the most delicious Korean BBQ around!
Samosas and Mimosas Mixer
- Time: Tuesday, March 15th 2011, 6:00 pm
- Location: Hunter Atrium
- Description: A networking event with area practitioners, co-sponsored by AALSA and SALSA. Free samosas and mimosas will be provided.
- Dress Code: Professional attire
AALSA's Annual Date Auction for Charity w/ MC Oscar DeArmas
- Time: Thursday, February 10th 2011, 7:30 pm
- Location: Sutra Lounge
- Cover: $10, cash only
- Description: It's that time of year again, time to get away from the books and get a little crazy, all in the name of e̶n̶t̶e̶r̶t̶a̶i̶n̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ charity! Please join us for this annual Emory Law tradition, where we put away the books for a few hours, have a few drinks with classmates, and bid on our most eligible bachelors and bachelorettes. Each date comes with a gift certificate to dinner or a movie. Winning bids must be fulfilled with cash or check.
- Charity: We are excited to announce that this year, 100% of the proceeds will go to the Atlanta Legal Aid Society, a non-profit organization which has been providing civil legal representation and assistance to Atlanta's poor since 1924.
- Drink Specials: $5 Smirnoff Flavors, $3 Red Stripe Beer
- Nadia Saleem
- Marikit Bankston
- Nia Brown
- Melissa Bonnington
- Frances Ellenbogen
- Mike Capps
- Mike Nullet
- Ariana Washington
- Phillip Lewis
- Francesca Pisano
- Emily Snyder
- Ben Katz
- Melissa Softness
- Rachel Kaufman
- Bryan Stewart
- Tommy Ozbolt
- Jenny Hernandez
- Matt Shechtman
- Sonali Chitre
- Jessica Lopez
AALSA's Thursday Social Keg
- Time: Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 3:15 pm
- Location: Bacardi Plaza
- Description: This Thursday’s Social is brought to you by AALSA and Follies. In Juice's words: "Yay funny Asians. (Insert mildly offensive self deprecating asian humor here) Next week is the big AALSA date auction. One of the most fun nights of the year. And Oscar da Boss will be on the mic! And, what's this?...some Sri Lankan is plying him with liquor? Cue the fireworks."
January General Meeting
- Time: Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 12:00 pm
- Location: 1F
- Agenda: Short, social, pizza lunch provided. Hopefully will stay under 30 minutes for all you busy AALSA members. We'll tell you about an upcoming GAPABA event, the AALSA Date Auction, and appointing two representatives to outside organizations. General catching up with each other after the Snowpocalypse.
Honey Pig Korean BBQ
- Time: Thursday, November 4th 2010, 7:00 pm
- Location: 3473 Old Norcross Road, Suite #304, Duluth, GA 30096
- Description: Join us for some of the best Korean BBQ on Buford Highway!
- Note: If you need a ride or can offer rides, please contact any AALSA officer.
October General Meeting
- Time: Wednesday, October 20th 2010, 12:30 pm
- Location: 5D
- Agenda: Lunch provided.
- Thomas Tang Moot Court - a quick 10 minute presentation by our TT moot court team so 1Ls [interested in mock trial or participating next year] can get a feel of what moot court or the Thomas Tang competition is like.
- Exams Demystified - Professor Holbrook will give a brief presentation on what to expect [from his perspective] on a law school final, and some tips to prepare for the final.
- Upcoming Events - Honey Pig Korean BBQ, AALSA Date Auction
DLA Piper Attorney and Emory Diversity Mixer
- Time: Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 7:00 pm
- Location: Door 44 in Midtown
- Description: $600 open tab
GAPABA Happy Hour Mixer
- Time: Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 6:30 pm
- Location: AltoRex Lounge in Midtown
- Description: $10 cover
Carpooling is available for both of these events. More details on any of these events can be found on our Lexis webpage.
Chef Liu Restaurant
- Time: Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, 6:00 pm
- Location: 5221 Buford Highway NE, Atlanta, GA 30340
- Description: Join us for delicious authentic Chinese cuisine at Chef Liu, a restaurant on Buford Highway. Feel free to join us, even if you have not RSVP'ed. For those who need a ride, plan to meet us outside the library on the 2nd floor around 5:30 pm - 5:40 pm. For those who plan to meet us there, we plan to arrive at 6:00 pm. If people are interested, we will go to SunO for dessert.
September General Meeting
- Time: Wednesday, September 15th 2010, 12:30 pm
- Location: TBA
- Agenda: Lunch, 1L Representative Elections, announcements concerning outline bank and upcoming events
Mentee-Mentor Welcome BBQ
- Time: Sunday, August 29th 2010, 2:00 pm-5:00 pm
- Location: Gables Sheridan, Pool Area