Juris Master Program
Today's professionals cope with growing regulation, intensifying risk and liability concerns and increasingly complex decision environments. Developing a clearer understanding of law's influence on our individual and institutional decisions has never been more crucial. Regardless of your background, by building your expertise in law with the JM degree, you will be better equipped to deal with these rapidly changing scenarios, by gaining insight into questions such as:
- What laws and regulations apply to my profession?
- What trends in law and regulation should I incorporate into decision-making?
- How does regulatory reform impact my profession, and how can I influence regulatory change?
- How can I assess risk in a changing environment?
- How can I communicate better with my organization’s attorneys?
Whether you are a working professional interested in gaining a better grounding in law and regulation to advance your career, or a prospective graduate student whose primary degree would be enhanced by an integrated study of law, Emory Law’s Juris Master program offers the insight and flexibility to help you achieve your goals.
Emory Law's JM Supplements Your Professional Pursuits
Professionals in architecture, business, energy, engineering, environmental, finance, health care, human resources, journalism, politics, public health, real estate among other relevant areas, increasingly need to understand the law. The JM enables you to do so.
- Complete your coursework either full time in as little as one year or part time in up to four years.
- Customize your coursework for the 24-credit-hour program to meet your individual career needs.
JM students attend courses with JD and LLM students. Courses are offered throughout the day, including some late afternoon and evening options. Part time JM students may choose courses based on their area of interest and work schedule.