Emory Law Honors 2008 Faculty Authors
Emory Law’s Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library hosted the fifth annual “Meet the Authors” champagne reception Tuesday, March 17, on the second floor of the law library in the Tarver Rountree Leisure Reading Room. The event honored twelve faculty authors who published books in 2008.
The books and faculty authors recognized this year are listed below:
- Federal Income Taxation of Corporations and Partnerships—Howard E. Abrams
- Christianity and Law: An Introduction—Frank S. Alexander and John Witte Jr.
- Kua Wen Hua de Ren Quan Guan Dian—Abdullahi Ahmed An-Na’im
- The Classical Foundations of the American Constitution: Prevailing Wisdom—David J. Bederman
- Globalization and International Law—David J. Bederman
- Law of War Training: Resources for Military and Civilian Leaders—Laurie R. Blank
- Preemption Choice: The Theory, Law, and Reality of Federalism’s Core Question—William W. Buzbee
- Civil Procedure: Cases, Materials and Questions—Richard D. Freer
- U.S.-amerikanisches Recht: Ein Studienbuch—Peter Hay
- In Reckless Hands: Skinner v. Oklahoma and the Near Triumph of American Eugenics—Victoria F. Nourse
- Constitutional Rights, Moral Controversy, and the Supreme Court—Michael J. Perry
- Economics, Law and Individual Rights—Paul H. Rubin
- Jiyu to kazoku no hoteki kiso (Faith, Freedom and the Family)—John Witte Jr.
- Vom Sakrament zum Vertrag: Ehe, Religion und Recht in der abendländischen Tradition (From Sacrament to Contract: Marriage, Religion, and Law in the Western Tradition)—John Witte Jr.