Applying to the Juvenile Defender Clinic
The Barton Juvenile Defender Clinic is open to third-year law students who are eligible to practice under Georgia’s third-year practice rules.
Prerequisites / Co-requisites: All students are required to have taken or be currently enrolled in Kids in Conflict with the Law, Evidence and Legal Professionalism
Recommended Classes: Criminal Procedure
Students may submit their application through or by sending all requested documents to Randee Waldman via e-mail at email@example.com.
The application consists of the following documents:
- Writing Sample
- Personal Statement
Personal Statement: Your personal statement should describe in detail your interest in participating in the JDC. You should identify any special qualifications, academic interests, and career goals that caused you to apply to the JDC. You might consider including answers to any of the following questions:
- Why are you interested in participating in the JDC?
- What do you hope to gain from your clinical experience?
- What, if any, experience do you have in working with the juvenile justice system?
- What, if any, experience do you have in working with at-risk youth?
- What do you have to offer to your fellow JDC students?
- Any other information that you would like to provide.
Application Deadline: Applications for Spring 2013 are due by 11:58 p.m. Friday, September 28, 2012.
To apply to the Juvenile Defender Clinic, visit Symplicity >