How to Apply
Barton Juvenile Defender Clinic
Eligibility: The Barton Juvenile Defender Clinic is open to third-year law students who are eligible to practice under Georgia’s third-year practice rules.
Prerequisites/Co-requisites: All students are required to have taken or be currently enrolled in Kids in Conflict with the Law, Evidence and Legal Professionalism. Criminal Procedure is recommended.
The Application: Students may submit their application through Symplicity or by sending all requested documents to Randee Waldman via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application consists of the following documents:
- Writing Sample
- Personal Statement - describe in detail your interest in participating in the JDC. Identify any special qualifications, academic interests, and career goals that caused you to apply to the JDC. Consider including answers to any of the following questions:
- Why are you interested in participating in the JDC?
- What do you hope to gain from your clinical experience?
- What, if any, experience do you have in working with the juvenile justice system?
- What, if any, experience do you have in working with at-risk youth?
- What do you have to offer to your fellow JDC students?
- Any other information that you would like to provide.
Applications for Spring 2014 are due by October 16, 2013, 2013.
To apply to the Policy and Advocacy Clinic, visit Symplicity >
To apply to the Appeal for Youth Clinic, visit Symplicity >
To apply to the Juvenile Defender Clinic, visit Symplicity >