Woodruff Fellowship Application and Selection Process
The selection process for the Woodruff Fellowship is rigorous.
Letters of nomination for the Woodruff Scholarship may be submitted via admission(at)law.emory.edu beginning October 1, 2013.
The selection committee, comprised of faculty, staff, and Woodruff alumni, looks for outstanding achievement in academics, leadership and out-of-school activities, as well as the potential to make a significant impact on the Emory Law community.
Applying for a Woodruff Fellowship is a two-step process.
- First, submit your application for admission to the JD program through www.lsac.org.
- Second, have a professor, colleague, employer or another person who knows you well submit a “Letter of Nomination for the Woodruff Fellowship” via admission(at)law.emory.edu starting Oct. 1. We do not recommend using one of your admission recommenders for this letter.
The deadline for both items is 11:59 p.m. Jan. 14, 2014.
- Saturday, Sept.1, 2013: Applications for the Class of 2017 will be accepted through www.lsac.org.
- Oct. 1: Nomination letters for the Woodruff Fellowship may bsubmitted to admission(at)law.emory.edu.
- 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2014: Deadline for Woodruff applications for admission and Woodruff nomination letters.
- Mid-February: Woodruff Fellowship finalists are notified.
- Thursday-Saturday, March 20 - March 22, 2014: Woodruff Finalists Interview Weekend.
On March 20 - March 22, 2014, up to 15 Woodruff finalists participate in our annual Woodruff Scholars Weekend.
During this interactive two-day event, finalists meet top Emory Law administrators, faculty, students and alumni. Finalists participate in a special classroom session with a distinguished faculty member, visit Coca-Cola’s world headquarters to learn about Robert W. Woodruff’s achievements and experience the opportunities awaiting them at Emory and beyond. At the conclusion of Scholars Weekend, each finalist interviews with the Woodruff Selection committee.
Emory Law will cover all expenses, including travel, for Woodruff Scholars Weekend. (Finalists living abroad will have their airfare reimbursed up to $700.)