Tuition and Financial Aid
SJD students must demonstrate that they possess the means adequate to finance their education as a condition of admission to the program.
Tuition and Fees
Below are the estimated costs for SJD students attending Emory Law for the 2013-14 academic year.
Upper Level Student
Estimated Expenses (Cost may vary based on your choices):
Living Expenses: $18,128
Health Insurance: $2,360
Loan Fees: $1,562 (average)
There is a very limited amount of scholarship funding for SJD students. All SJD applicants are considered for these scholarship opportunities as part of the admission process. Applicants do not need to undertake additional steps to be considered for these opportunities. Emory does not pay travel expenses for prospective SJD students to visit the Emory campus.
Many SJD students fund their education entirely, or in part, through external grants and scholarships. Many SJD students are able to gain funding from their home university of government to attend the SJD program at Emory. The following list of possible external funding sources is intended to provide prospective students with ideas for additional possible funding sources.
External Funding Sources
Possible Funding Resources for International Students
- American Association of University Women Educational Foundation Fellowships and Grants
- Arthur C. Helton Fellowship Program "micro-grants" for students in Human Rights area
- Australian Federation of University Women Scholarships & Fellowships
- DAAD Scholarships for German Citizens
- Department of Human Development, Education and Culture of the Organization of American States Scholarships and Loans (available only to OAS citizens and residents)
- Edmund S. Muskie and Freedom Support Act Graduate Fellowship Programs
- Fulbright Grant
- Golden Key National Honor Society Member Scholarships
- Haniel Foundation
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
- International Federation of University Women
- Kosciuszko Foundation Fellowships & Grants for Polish Citizens
- Mackenzie King Scholarships for Canadians
- Organization of American States (OAS) Scholarships and Loans
- Organization of Istanbul Armenians Scholarship
- P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund for Women
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships
- World Bank Scholarships Program