Emory Law invites parents, family, and friends to join us as we celebrate the Class of 2014.
JD, LLM, and JM Spring Commencement - May 12, 2014
For information on the Webcast, Maps, Schedule of Events, and other information, visit Emory University Commencement.
More information to come.
Important Activities and Dates
- Final Date to Submit a Name Change: March 15. Submit your request online >
- Final Date to Submit an Application for Degree: April 15. Submit your request to the Law School Registrar's office. Submissions after April 15 will come six weeks after the date of submission.
- Order Regalia: Through March 26 at Emory Barnes & Noble Bookstore.
- Order Commencement Announcements: Through March 31 at Emory Barnes & Noble Bookstore.
- Order Other Emory Products (frames, class rings, etc.): Check with Emory Barnes & Noble Bookstore for specific product deadlines.
- Provide your Bar Certification Form to the Law School Registrar: Deadlines determined by the specific state to which you are applying. Please check your chosen state's bar web pages for deadlines.
- Submit Special Needs Request (includes disability, impairments, or access issues excluding hearing impairments): Submit through May 5 with the University Special Needs Request Form > For hearing impairment special needs, contact the Law School Registrar.
- Request Hooding by Friend/Family Member: March 10 - April 11. Hooding Request Form > (Hooders must have a JD degree.)
- Permission to Graduate in Abstentia: March 10 - April 30. Submit your letter to the Law School Registrar for permission to graduate in abstentia. All requests must be approved by the Dean.
- Spaghetti Dinner: April 10 in Hunter Atrium.
- ABA-Required Graduate Survey via Symplicity: Graduating JD students will receive an email from Dean Schapiro the first week of April with a due date of April 18. (The Career Center can assist if you have questions. Within one business day of completing the survey, you will receive the claim check [via email] you will need to pick up your regalia.)
- Make-Up Portraits: April 18, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. in Hunter Atrium.
- Pick Up Regalia: April 30 - May 9 at Emory Barnes & Noble Bookstore. (Note: JD students must obtain their claim check from the Career Center to receive regalia.)
- University Graduation Week Activities: May 6 - 10. Open to all law students. Learn more on the University Commencement site >
- 168th Commencement Exercise of Emory University: May 12, 7:15 - 9:15 a.m. on The Quadrangle. Students must be in line by 7:15 a.m. Location will be determined by May 1 and communicated immediately. Full details are available on the University Commencement site (scroll to the bottom of the page) >
- School of Law Diploma Ceremony: May 12, 10:00 am start on Gambrell Hall Lawn.
- Law School Reception: May 12, immediately after the Diploma Ceremony in Gambrell Hall.